ZONE CHANGE PROCESS
Zone Change Application*
Below is a general overview of the Zone Change
Process. Please refer to
the City Code for complete guidelines and instructions.
All rezoning will be
in compliance with
the Show Low General
♣Petitions may be
1. The owner(s) and/or authorized agent of the property.
2. One or more of
several joint property owners.
3. Seventy-five (75)
percent or more of the owners of property.
4. The City Council or
Planning and Zoning Commission.
1. Applicant must submit an application on an approved
2. Applicant must arrange for a pre-application meeting with Planning
and Zoning staff.
3. Applicant must conduct a neighborhood meeting prior to formal
4. Application must include:
● A map showing the particular property or properties for which the
change of zone is requested
and substantially the adjoining properties and the public streets
and ways within a radius of
300 feet of the exterior boundaries thereof.
● A project narrative
● A tentative development plan which include: topographical
information; proposed street
system, block layouts, open spaces, offeet parking spaces;
location, types, and uses of
proposed structures; preliminary plans and elevations of
structure types; and, percentage of
5. Photographs, drawings, and other supporting documents, if the
6. Completed 207 Waiver (form is attached to the Zone Change
Application noted above).
7. Payment of the non-refundable filing fee.
1. A completed application shall be submitted to the
planning and zoning director at least
twenty-five (25) days prior to the public hearing.
2. Staff will evaluate the submittal for consistency and
conformance with the General Plan.
3. The item will be placed on the commission and council
agendas and posted in the legal
section of the local newspaper and on the real property at least
fifteen (15) days prior to the
first meeting. Property owners located within 300’ of the property
will receive meeting
notification by mail.
4. The Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public
hearing and forward their
recommendations on the rezone request to the City Council.
5. The City Council will hold their public hearing and
render a decision on the application.
6. The approved zone change will go into effect 30 days
after Council adoption.
of the City Code for complete submittal instructions and
requirements for the zone change process.
Back to Planning & Zoning Home Page