SHOW LOW PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
PURSUANT to A.R.S. Section 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the Show Low Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee and to the general public, that a Regular Meeting of the Show Low Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee will be held on Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Conference Room, 550 North 9th Place, Show Low, Navajo County, Arizona.
1. Call to Order – David Fawcett, Committee Chair
PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS ABSENT: Ken Van Winkle.
STAFF PRESENT: Jason Mangum, Recreation Director; Rebecca Ricedorff, Recreation Coordinator.
3. Consideration of Approval of Minutes of July 15,
4. Update on Nikolaus Homestead Park & discussion on Nikolaus Park Playground Community Build. Trail paving is complete, sidewalks are almost complete, rest room are complete, concession is done except counter tops, solar lighting is all in and working, grass on ball fields is coming in nicely, BMX track is done and is being used, (Steve Hair just arrived at the meeting at approximately 5:36p.m.) basketball lights need to be re-aimed before they can be used, we have additional tree planting to do and some general landscaping.
5. Report on Parks and Recreation Coordinator Vacancy. We are looking to hire a Recreation Coordinator II not a supervisor. This person will be over special events and outdoor activities. Position closes on 9/17/2010.
6. Report from Show Low Fields Committee. Updating the fields at the schools, we need to draw people here to use the fields like hosting tournaments, events, etc. The committee is looking to reorganize itself to be in charge of hosting different things like that now that we have multiple fields.
7. Director’s Report.
a. Raeland Park Project
David Fawcett adjourned the Regular Meeting of the Show Low Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee of September 15, 2010 @ 6:22p.m.